https://www.facebook.com/dogblessedllc

Sunday, October 2, 2016

"Nature itself is the best physician" Hippocrates


Nature itself is the best physician" Hippocrates

 A very sad fact: According to studies modern medicine is the third largest killer behind cancer and heart disease.

Recently, my dog, Odin. injured his neck and was in excruciating pain. It broke my heart. I took him to my vet and she suggested a non steroidal anti-inflammatory. I usually gravitate to natural, but sometimes there is a time to weigh options. I did put Odin on this steroid short term.  He was doing great.

About 2 weeks on the medicine he started vomiting and refusing food, a common side effect. I decided it was time to re-do my homework and add some other gifts from Mother Nature to the mix. I am pleased to say it has paid off.  Odin now receives essential oils. With essential oils added to his regimen, he is doing fantastic.

I love my veterinarian and believe all pets should be seen regularly. A good veterinarian, such as mine, will give you a diagnosis and advice, but also be open to the options of how YOU chose to treat your animal.

To practice medicine requires a license. To promote good health does not. I am not a doctor, nor a veterinarian. I just want to offer you support and teach you how to build better health for your pets (and yourself) from my research and experiences.

Plato said, "The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole." Sometimes modern medicine only puts a band aid on the wound and does not treat the cause.

I urge you to educate yourself on how to treat your whole pet and not just the symptoms. We do not just develop pain, or an ailment for no reason. There is a cause and effect of every illness. An example would be an upset stomach.  It can be caused by stress, food, allergies etc. Instead of giving a drug with more side effects listed than benefits, an option is to treat your animal naturally with a product.  There is a treatment from the earth such as Young Living 'Digize'.

Young Living Digize has no side effects. It is used to balance the cause with an essential oil such as lavender or 'Stress Away'.  These are all made with the gifts Mother Nature bestowed upon us. In my opinion, these are much better and healthier options.

A large part of my research has led me to researching essential oils. I am so happy they are helping my now 12 year old Odin and his middle aged (but still young at heart) mom. Essential oils trigger numerous immune boosting, healing, or relaxing results.

I discovered that you should be cautious with the cheaper essential oils on the market. I am all about saving pennies, but in this case QUALITY IS EVERYTHING. Synthetics and off brand essential oils are not safe. "Young Living" provides quality and pureness that has received the highest accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.


There are various delivery methods of these oils.

The most popular are:

1.)   Diffusion. Oils and water are placed in a diffuser that sprays a fine mist of the oils in the air. The molecules are breathed in the body.
2.)   Water Misting. Simply put several drop of an oil in a brown or blue GLASS bottle and spray this mixture on your animal or around the area of the animal.  Avoid the eyes.

Other techniques include:

1.)   Petting Technique
2.)   Rain Drop Technique
3.)   Ting Point Therapy (horses)
4.)   Ingestion.

With these techniques, especially ingestion, I suggest you do your homework.  There are also special techniques for kitties. I will go into these techniques on future blogs and posts on the new facebook group I am launching.

In a graduation speech given by Jim Carey he states, "“You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”
I have been blessed to be able to take a chance and do what I love and help and honor animals in many ways. The page I am launching is called, "Odin J.'s Earthly Treasures" on facebook. It is open for anyone to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/192366544533259/

On this page I hope to share my experiences and research to help pets and their humans live healthier with the gifts Mother Nature has provided. Please feel free to ask questions here and share stories. You will be able to find out how to get samples and discounts on purchasing your own oils. I will provide free recipes and helpful blogs

1 comment:

  1. Have a VERY itchy/scratchy boy (dog) Vet gave him a steroid (prednisone I believe) for a month...not a fan!! I did not continue it after the month and he is rubbing his face &scratching so hard he has a sore by his chin/jaw. I have tried Vit. E in food; Coconut oil rubbed on face; Olive oil & veg. oil on food (no corn or wheat)but still he is miserable (in human understanding). Is there an essential oil or other natural help you can suggest? I wipe & wash his feet almost everytime he touches the grass or weeds. Thanks in advance for input! K

    ReplyDelete