https://www.facebook.com/dogblessedllc

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Camp Kylee , Making a difference


Kylee with some of her acomplishments that she achieved by bonding with Paula.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” -Jane Goodall
 Jane Goodall is my ultimate hero. She has made such a difference for so many animals and people in her lifetime. She is eighty-two years young and still going strong.  She makes me look in the mirror and ask myself, "Are you making a big enough difference?" She makes me strive to be a better person and to do better.I feel we are all 'called' to do what our heart leads us to. My heart is definitely being led to help the animals of this world. I want to be the voice for those who cannot speak or stand up for themselves.
 There are many ways I try to do this. They range from writing these monthly articles to honoring life with love through my memory stones. I donate what time, and energy I can to local charities. I often asked myself, "Is that enough?" I think of all Ms. Goodall does on a daily basis. I feel if we look deep our hearts, we will always take the right path in life to follow and the right answers will appear.
 One thing I feel VERY passionate about is helping reactive dogs.  I have written on this subject in the past. You can read this at: http://furryphilosophy.blogspot.com/2015/12/patience-with-reactive-dogs.html .
I have lived with two different kinds of reactive dogs in my lifetime. I can empathize with others in the same situation immensely. I know there were days I cried my eyes out with helplessness because I didn't know what to do to help them. My dear Cheyenne was reactive with certain other dogs her whole life. Odin is very fearful of children, sudden movements, leaning over him and people getting in his face who he doesn't know. With the help of the proper tools and years of building a special bond, he has come along way and improved so much. What I have to remember and share with others is, being 'reactive' DOES NOT make a dog bad. However, it does mean you need to know how to not set them up for failure to keep them and others safe.
Odin loves to play rally and the partnership we have built is priceless.

 I feel one way I can make a difference is by educating our youth on this subject. Another is to be able to help dogs and owners who need the proper tools to co-exist. I now can do this because thankfully my path in life led me to meet Paula Smith from Dog Blessed LLC. I instantly adored her and her true love and understanding of our canines. We are very like-minded and I am thankful to be working for her part time. I feel so very blessed to be associated Dog Blessed!!! Dog Blessed focuses on positive reinforcement, building a bond with your dog and keeping it fun. Dog Blessed offers everything from AKC Star puppy, to rally, to agility, and to many more techniques. What I feel the most passionate about is the group we have formed called "Camp Kylee", which offers an affordable opportunity to train with like minded people and dogs who understand their dog is not bad just because it is reactive to others. Paula states "It is important to me that dogs are understood and appreciated for being dogs. When we learn more about them, we can appreciate them and love them more.  It is just like I love Kylee." Kylee is Paula's Border Collie who the group is named after. She is reactive to other dogs.

 As my hero Jane tells us we have to decide what kind of difference we want to make. I am hoping I can continue to be inspired by her and help as many animals as possible. I'm hoping Camp Kylee can help offer some hope and solutions for people and pets in similar situations, as Paula and I have lived with.
 To find out more about Dog Blessed check out: wwwdogblessedllc.com. To connect with others with reactive dogs, that are like minded or keep updated on Camp Kylee dates and times join our group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1729313153996104/ or call 616-430-0297.

No comments:

Post a Comment