https://www.facebook.com/dogblessedllc

Friday, August 14, 2020

Future leaders with huge hearts for the animals

 

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.~ John Wooden

 

Cayden(left) Dawson (right) and Rocky kitty

I've always believed part of my purpose in life is to share humane education with children. When I reach my golden years, I want to look out onto this world and know there are others to love the animals and the earth. I want to be certain I have done my part to educate our future leaders. I believe now, more than ever, we need to encourage those future leaders to lift their heads up from their phones and computers and care about the world around them.  

I believe Caden (10 years old) and Dawson (8 years old) should be commended.

They are ambassadors for others, especially during these difficult times.

 

I am on the board of Muskegon Humane and it was brought to my attention what these two entrepreneurs with huge hearts achieved for the animals.

During the pandemic, I've often had to talk to myself and move forward to celebrate the things I can do and not cry about the things I cannot do. These boys sure did that!!

 

I spoke with Dawson and Caden’s mom and she told me about their project.

At only 10 years old Caden has his own Wood-shop

 that started as a hobby. He created children’s chairs, tables and more. He is working on earning money to purchase a dirt bike, admirable on all accounts.

 


As a family they sat down and talked about how they could give back and help in the community. Dawson has a huge heart for animals. The boy’s mom told me how she also thought this would be a good project to incorporate learning, when the boys were home from school in April due to the pandemic. They decided to do a fundraiser for a place that had BOTH cats and dogs. Having BOTH was very  important to them.  Together the boys had an assembly line, ON THEIR OWN. They created squirrel, bird and chicken feeders from recycled smooth clean pallets. Their mom marketed on face book and the boys make a stand with a sign for out at the end of the driveway. They sold them for $10 a piece and donated $200 to Muskegon Humane. This story continues with an added smile, while delivering the money to Muskegon Humane, they boys ended up adopting Rocky, a sweet kitty.

 These boys sure are creative thinkers that make things happen. I hope this article can inspire other children and adults alike to share their talents and time and put them to a positive use.

 



 I was informed of a family where everyone, even the children sorted cans at Muskegon Humane to help with a fundraiser. I also commend the children who gave up birthday gifts and collected supplies needed, instead to donate to the shelter.

I believe projects like this can help shine a bright light in our heart that we need instead of worry and negative media. I think these boys set an exemplary example of ways to take that extra time and make a difference in the lives of other creatures.  I would like to invite your children to see how creative they can be. Encourage creative thinking if they are being home schooled, or on a computer too much. Encourage them to share their time and talents.

Without the ability to hold bingo and other large crowd fundraisers Muskegon Humane and other shelters are struggling to find creative ways to earn money to continue to help the animals who need us so much.

 If more of our future leaders could do what these boys did, imagine what a difference it would make. ONE BY ONE WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

 

To purchase your own feeder you can email Caden and Dawson’s mom at Audramarie19@gmail.com. I can’t wait to get mine!

The boys would also love any donations of smooth clean pallets for their projects.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! To these little guys for sharing their talents in such a kind, loving way. They are making a difference for the animals, while learning a great life lesson❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Caden & Dawson from all the cats & dogs!
    πŸ’™πŸΎπŸΎπŸ’—
    You are a tremendous gift to the animals and Muskegon!
    Great job, Mom!
    Young or old we can all make a difference!

    ReplyDelete