https://www.facebook.com/dogblessedllc

Saturday, August 8, 2015

EFT and stress in pets

Odin got dressed up to share some new ideas with you 
"Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or play with it...pee on it and walk away."  Author unknown
I feel this is great advice; however, there are hurdles we need to overcome, so this advice may need some tweaking.
      The past year, I was pleased to meet Scott Kennedy and allowed him to assist me with some hurdles. When we were chatting, we decided to experiment with trying these procedures with pets.
     Here is short blurb from Scott with a brief explanation of what I am talking about:
"Even though I have been using Emotional Freedom Techniques for 20 years, their power continues to amaze and fascinate me. EFT is a form of emotional acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments. These subtle energies have a profound effect on how our brains process physical and psychological issues. I have had wonderful results using a surrogate to balance the energy of people or/and infants that cannot communicate. This balancing allows their system to reprocess any conflict in the communication between the different hemispheres of the brain.  Resulting in being able to “let go” of negative issue or patterns.
Learning recently, with Jodi’s help, that the effects of EFT’s can be transferred to animals is extremely exciting!  Seeing behaviors, reactions, demeanors being changed in our animal friends with just a very basic and simple EFT is extremely encouraging.
 These early findings are very intriguing.  I am looking very forward to the opportunity to explore the use of EFT’s with animals much more."
Scott Kennedy CCH
Sktherapy.com
Scott Kennedy is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist located Spring Lake, Michigan
Odin and Scott

     My dog Odin has some nervous issues. In previous writings I have stated, I believe it is not one thing that helps, but a combination of many things to treat the WHOLE body and MIND.
Previously I have tried DAP (Dog appeasing Pheromones), lavender and rescue remedy which all seemed to have helped my dog and cat in numerous ways.
     Now that I have met Scott and combined EFT, I can say my success has improved greatly.
These are some of the experiences I have documented:
     Odin came into Scott's office with me when we tried this exercise, the first time. It is so easy it just combines deep breathing with some light tapping with you being the surrogate for you dog.
Odin is very fearful, and if he is approached too fast, he panics, especially if someone comes out of nowhere. He also gets very jumpy when we drive on a rumble strip. After the appointment with Scott, someone walked in the door very quickly, and Odin acted like it was just fine, the same experience on the way home with the rumble strips. A few weeks later I was trying to get some tangles out of his fur, which he usually flails and protests very adamantly, this day was no different. I stopped grooming and perfumed some EFT, when I continued grooming I saw a measurable difference and calmness.
     In another instance I was giving my friend's dog Max a bath and he was panic stricken, shaking and cowering. I stopped and performed EFT and I was astounded at the dramatic effect. The shaking stopped and he calmed down. He did not LOVE the bath but the fear subsided so much!
     I have taken my kitty, Raven, in our motor home many times and after the first half hour she stops meowing and enjoys the rest of the trip. The pheromones seem to help a lot but when I incorporated the EFT the meowing lessened tremendously and she calmed down much quicker.
     Just recently a friend has been working with Scott. This dog, who is afraid of men, actually allowed Scott to touch him, which does not normally happen.
     We have only been experimenting with this for a short time, and I will keep documenting the progress. I did want to share with my readers the success we have had so far, in hopes to help other animals and also their owners. This method is amazing and I recommend it whole heartily.
     Odin, Raven and I give it four paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment